The library is on the site of the former Croquet and Bowls clubs.
The croquet closed first and it is not known what happened to the club records and any honour boards.
Cottesloe croquet began at private residences of D.G.Gawlers and O.L.Haines in 1903.
The club then became located at the corner of Leake St and Stirling Hwy, where it remained until disbanding in 1970.
Cottesloe was a strong club from the beginning and along with Fremantle, Subiaco, Mount and Swan played interclub matches that eventually morphed into a serious pennants competition. Cottesloe did not really impact this competition until the 20’s, winning A grade in 1923, 1925 and 1930.
Other pennant success came in;
A2 1947 and 1950
Cottesloe was involved in the initial meetings to consider forming the Western Australian Croquet Association but did not initially join this body after formation.
The club colours were Violet and Gold in 1913 and Violet, Gold and Black in 1949.
Upon disbanding the club donated the Cottesloe trays to the croquet association and these are still in use today.